The Finance Manager will be responsible to maximise profits for the Company within agreed operating standards, policies & procedures. He/she oversees all the company’s accounting functions, ensuring effective application of all accounting systems, policies & procedures and complying with company and local accounting, taxation and other statutory requirements.
Further, the Finance Manager supports the Company’s strategic objectives by contributing to Business Plans and Budgets, compiling and implementing effective strategies and action plans, implementing productivity and efficiency generating initiatives, resolving problems and conflicts, conducting audits, identifying gaps, capturing trends and driving continuous financial improvement.
What you will be doing:
- Full responsibility for the financial operation of the business.
- To enforce, document and establish adequate control of revenues and expenditures and the protection of assets without negatively impact on customers’ satisfaction.
- To maintain accurate and timely financial reports, such as Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Cash
- Flow Statement, Statement of Owner’s Equity and other reports to provide business analysis, assumptions and projections to Board of Directors.
- To supervise accurate and timely closing of the Books of Accounts at financial month-end.
- To maintain up-to-date records of the Company’s cash fund both held in bank(s) and in time deposits and ensure monthly bank reconciliation statements are prepared. To maximise cash flow
- performance of the Company, principally through the efficient management of working capital.
- To ensures secure handling of all cash and deposits.
- To review Accounts Receivable and Payable on a monthly basis and reconcile with General Ledger.
- To maintain analysis of pre-payment and accrual schedules and distribution to respective accounts on a monthly basis.
- To control Capital Expenditures (CAPEX) and ensure compliance with justification and approval process.
- To collate and analyse revenue generation trends of the Company, in order to identify critical areas for revenue enhancement.
- To ensure that each operation is accounted for separately as an individual profit centre, with the respective Department Head fully accountable for its profitability.
- To ensure Company’s policies & procedures on Talent discount, Talent Ledgers, Entertainment,
- Travelling Expense Claims and Officer Checks are implemented and under control.
- To coordinate with the Accounting Officer and ensure that the Fixed Assets Register is maintained and up-to-date and establish a system of fixed assets coding and tagging and maintain accurate documentary files of fixed assets.
- To ensure and direct Company’s inventory takings as per established schedules.
- To identify and be alert of any misappropriation or cheating.
- Profit & Loss Statement by the third day of the following month.
- Final Financial Statement Package by the fourth day of the following month.
- Forecast by the fourth day of the following month.
- Cash Flow Forecast by the fourth day of the following month.
- Analyse revenue and expense variances and investigate and provide reasons for variances.
- Analyse assets and liabilities accounts and provide supporting worksheets.
- Operating Equipment
- Balance Sheet
- Cash Flow
- Special Projects etc.
- To bring a deep understanding of the Company’s vision, values, objectives and core behaviors and integrate them into the department’s daily activities.
- To ensure accounting SOPs, policies & procedures are enforced according to Company’s and generally accepted accounting practices, and as effected by local conditions.
- To perform all duties and responsibilities in a prompt, accurate and efficient manner, in accordance with established Company’s policies & procedures.
- To conduct daily briefings with the Finance Team to maintain effective communication and
- To give clear and concise directions, provide support and supervise his/her team to ensure that directions are properly executed.
- To lead or otherwise facilitate the transfer of information regarding priorities, assignments and problem solving at the various briefing sessions each day.
- To ensure proper flow of communication within the department and with other departments.
- To direct training of Finance Talents as part of the effort to build an efficient team and to take an active interest in individual development and welfare.
- To mentor and coach members of the Management Team and encourage them to take responsibility for their own development and growth.
- To be actively involved in the selection and recruitment of the Finance Team and ensure successful candidates meet the OXO profile and can deliver OXO Core Behaviors.
- To recommend hiring, promotion, disciplinary action and performance-related salary increments for the Finance Team.
- To recognize outstanding individual performance and deal with substandard performance fairly, immediately and constructively.
- To conduct annual performance appraisals of all Finance Department Talents and to initiate corrective actions, if required.
- To constantly monitor key performance indicators for the Finance Department and to take corrective actions to close gaps.
- To frequently verify that the best products are used in the Company’s operation and ensure cost containment through regular re-negotiations of prices.
- To ensure third party operators and concessionaires comply with Company’s positioning and standards.
- To develop and maintain a trusting and respectful business partnership with the Company and its Board of Directors by communicating effectively, managing expectations, and delivering solid business results.
- To chair and attend financial meetings such as monthly Profit & Loss, Credit Meetings, Annual Budget Review etc.
- To alert Board of Directors promptly of any issues. To be conversant with the Company’s emergency procedures and ensure all Talents are also conversant.
- To provide financial and commercial guidance to the Management Team in the formulation and implementation of business plans and budgets.
- To provide administrative support to the Management Team with reference to policies & procedures enforcement, business advice and operational assistance.
- To ensure management requests are met in a prompt, accurate and empathic manner, within moral, ethical, and legal norms.
- To provide influential leadership and active participation in associations and within the local community.
- To exercise moral judgement, imagination and courage in the practice of leadership.
- To establish and maintain an accurate and up-to-date filing system.
- To ensure safekeeping, including proper storage and access for all contracts, leases and other financial records.
- To ensure that all activities are carried out honestly, ethically and within the parameters of Indonesian Law.
- To be responsible for adherence to all statutory requirements and to ensure all records and documents are maintained as per the standards, policies & procedures.
- To obtain appropriate legal counsel regarding the business practices of the Company and maintain an awareness of local laws, rules and regulations.
- To maintain full confidentiality over the company’s financial and business status.
- To not accept gifts of any nature. If received or offered to notify the Board of Directors immediately.
- To be prepared to work flexible hours if required.
- To maintain an exemplary standard of conduct, grooming, deportment and dress code.
- To be a specialist in his/her job and to continue his/her self-development by self-directed learning and participation in company sponsored training programs.To conduct himself / herself in such a manner, to encourage all fellow talents to do likewise.
- To maintain a favorable working relationship with all company talents, to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate.
- To always project a favorable image of the company.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Degree in Financial Management / Business Administration / International Banking or its equivalent from a recognized college
- Professional certification from a recognized college or university
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in senior accounting positions in reputable companies, preferably in property development and hotel management
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as Finance Manager/Financial Controller in reputable companies, preferably in property development and hotel management
- Pre-opening (start-up) experience (desirable)
- Aligned with Company’s culture and style
- Successful track record of achieving results in an organization that measures and rewards individual performance
- Commercially focused
- Well-organized, goal-oriented and results-driven
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good leadership abilities
- Good written and verbal English skills
- Detail oriented
- Familiar with the country’s applicable laws and tax regulations
- High personal integrity & ethical awareness
- Entrepreneurial, creative, energetic with a positive attitude
- Hands on approach
- Established relationships in the real estate / hospitality industry is a plus
- Works well under pressure, takes initiative and is self-driven
Send email to: [email protected]
With subject: [Position Title]