The purpose of the Business Manager is to support the entire organisation, but in particular the company’s Directors and the General Manager, to assure the company operates productively, efficiently and organized at all times and team members have the tools they need to do their jobs well.
The Business Manager’s responsibilities span over a broad range of tasks & activities, from directly supervising all office management related tasks, to personal one on one support for the leadership team, and sometimes closely working with members of any department to support certain projects directly.
What you will be doing:
1. Office Management:
- Ensure office efficiency by maintaining common areas, organizing procedures, handling correspondence, managing file systems, and overseeing supplies and equipment.
- Implement policies and procedures, measure outcomes against standards, and improve operational flow.
- Oversee day-to-day office activities as main point of contact & respond to requests and questions from the team about office operations.
- Oversee and maintain office equipment for uninterrupted function, identify needs and acquire supplies, manage vendor relationships, and coordinate deliveries when requested.
- Provide direct administrative support as needed, including scheduling appointments, meetings, and events; booking travel; maintaining file systems; mailing & shipping packages; and updating contacts database and employee lists.
- Manage all aspects of space/infrastructure planning (ex: upgrades, additions, changes to workstations)
- Coordinate internal and external resources, and cultivate relationships with vendors.
- Manage & maintain the company’s online & physical filing system to assure all administrative documents are properly stored & filed, as well as providing access for the correct users within the company.
- Processing of invoices and managing office budgets.
- Support in HR functions with absence management and organising inductions & administrational onboarding for new employees.
- Deal with local authorities related to the operation of the office.
2. Personal Assistant to the Leadership Team:
- Reporting to senior management and performing secretarial and administrative duties.
- Act as the point of contact among executives, employees, shareholders, clients and other external partners.
- Manage information flow in a timely and accurate manner.
- Support with daily time management by scheduling appointments, meetings & conference calls, maintaining an events calendar, and sending reminders.
- Liaising with internal departments and making meeting arrangements.
- Preparing meetings’ agenda, taking accurate and comprehensive notes & creating meeting minutes & follow ups.
- Managing internal and external correspondence on behalf of senior management.
- Typing, formatting, and editing reports, documents, and presentations.
- Entering data, maintaining databases, and keeping records.
3. Business Management:
- Supporting various departments within the company on ad-hoc projects.
- Suggest improvements to upgrade the company’s operations processes.
- Ensure that the company has the adequate resources to complete its activities.
- Liaise with the company’s shareholders & their representatives to streamline communication between the entities.
- Supervise the company’s legal counsel in all matters relating to company/subsidiary setup & incorporation, business permits and other corporate establishment tasks.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience 6 - 8 years' work experience
- Experience in property or hospitality industries is a big plus.
- Pre-opening (start-up) experience (desirable)
- Partial experience as a personal assistant is advantageous.
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures.
- MS Office and English proficiency.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
- Up-to-date with the latest office gadgets and applications.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Discretion and confidentiality.
- A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements.
- Entrepreneurial, creative, energetic with a positive attitude.
- Hands on approach.
- Works well under pressure, takes initiative and is self-driven.
Send email to: [email protected]
With subject: [Position Title]